Coaches & Assistants
- CLUB: We will have several 12U boys and girls teams and a few older teams. Coaches are needed. Club Team Coaches with experience may receive a stipend. Volunteers are needed and are encouraged to enroll in coaching education to qualified for future paid positions.
- INTRAMURAL: We are looking for a bunch of volunteers to help make our elementary age program happen. There are evening (5:30-6:45) and after school (3:00-4:15) opportunities. Most teams practice twice per week with seven Saturday morning games. We prefer volunteers who can make a full commitment but we have openings for volunteers to be part of a coaching team - as a group making sure the team is covered for each practice. Soccer experience is preferred but not required We provide training and practice plans!
Click here to see more details and locations for times and teams for the Spring Intramural league.
Click here to start your coaching application or to access your
- The NorthStar Intramural league needs volunteers to referee on Saturday mornings in the spring. This is a great service opportunity for high school students seeking service hours
Briarwood High School players referee for the Intramural League on Saturday mornings. They have a team commitment to serve and individuals sign up for slots each week. Contact Paul Neville if your team would like to volunteer in a similar way
- MENTORS: Leading devotionals can be difficult for the head coach. Volunteers to serve as mentors, leading devotionals and assisting with discipline issues, help keep coaches focused on soccer. Soccer experience is not required for mentors and they are needed for all teams at all levels
- VAN DRIVERS: We frequently need drivers to help with the transportations of selected players to practices and game days.
With our soccer teams we are looking for Head Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Skill Coaches, Soccer Van Drivers, and Game Day & Practice Site coordinators. We have a lot of moving parts during both the fall and spring soccer seasons. To keep NorthStar growing, we need a lot of assistance to keep things moving smoothly for each season. If you would like to volunteer or learn more about how you can assist NorthStar, pleas contact Paul at email@example.com.
Coach Hayden with NorthStar
11U boys during CASL game
Coach Christine celebrating a U6
goal scored in the Fall of 2021
Coach Eddie with coed U12 team. This was the
only team that was fielded during the pandemic!